I tweaked the recipe a bit.
I started with a large bag of defiance bread making flour just from the supermarket. I pretty much followed the recipe on the bag but I gave discovered a few things.
- Weigh the ingredients!!!
- Make the water hot but not burning (lukewarm water cools down too quickly)
- Oil the inside of the gladwrap used to cover the loaf
- I prefer to make a Cobb loaf thus avoiding the bread getting stuck in the tin.
- Use cornmeal to dust the baking tray.
- Dust the top of the bread with flour instead of glazing. (just my preference)
In addition to these things I replaced the sugar with honey, I had to use slightly more honey than sugar. I also used olive oil in preference to butter. I much prefer the taste of this bread.
Now that I am more confident I intend to try a few different recipes from the Internet. Occaisionally u will let you know how it is going.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone