I decided to bight the bullet this morning and continue quilting this quilt which has been going for about 9 months now. Since starting this quilt I have made three more cot quilts. I have improved my sewing technique some since beginning this. After popping it in the machine this morning and continuing the free motion quilting I have realised its not me its the quilt.
I didn't stretch the backing enough which has resulted in some pleating on the back. I put the batting in upside down which means the quilt top is sliding around some, even with the pins in it. I washed the fabrics before sewing, I know you are supposed to do this but I much prefer to sew with all the starch still in the fabric. Its a lot stiffer and sits better in the machine.