Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Some More Knitting...

So what do you do when you see something in the shop and you want to make it, but the only pattern that is even remotely similar is written in a language of unknown origin???
Answer: I try to make it up as I go along.
This is the third time I have cast on and this is going to be the last. If this attempt doesn't work I will give up.
I spotted this gorgeous striped dress in a brochure from Country Road.  So gorgeous, but so simple, I could make that.... or so I thought....
Hopefully I will be back with a gorgeous dress to show you all, maybe not.....
In other news, the laptop is too far gone to fix, it will be cheaper to buy a new one.  It seems computers are a disposable item now and therefore I will be buying the cheapest one I can find..... It seems as if the average lifespan of a computer is only 12 months in our house.  Any advice on the technology front would be greatly appreciated.
The work-horse that is my sewing machine is still in the hospital and I am yet to hear what her prognosis is.... Hopefully I wont have to fork out for another sewing machine as well, that will push the dream of an overlocker even further away...
Till next time...

5 comments:

small forest said...

Nice ear flaps! seriously I aaamm feeling for you my dearest friend.
Only cos I miss the heck out of you.
You can do it! Not fix your own computer, the other thing called knitting.
Im off to make something with ear flaps. Just kidding. Im off to make something woolen and natural with ear flaps. Just kidding.
Have you googled the just kidding news reporter from saturday night live. We're hooked, x

willywagtail said...

I wonder if vintage knitting patterns would be of help. Maybe etsy or ebay. I'll keep an eye out for you too. Cherrie

Alison said...

Oh dear! I find screaming sometimes helps with the frustration of the knitting. Only joking but I am feeling your pain.

Hopefully all will be well with your old girl in hossie, I think mine needs a bit of tlc, she's been sitting a bit idle lately.

sew nancy said...

This is a cute dress. If you need help I might be able to help you figure it out . A few things after you cast on ( if you are starting at the bottom)put a marker halfway through so you can know where to do decreases then when you get to the armholes study a pattern for a crew neck sweater. Lastly some measurements, a gauge swatch and patience will help . Good luck.

Elisha said...

Thanks guys, I have worked it out out with help.from a clever knittin friend. Thbodice is completed and has been tried on and now the skorr and sleeves jist need to be knitted. I am knitting it top down and in the round.