Saturday, December 18, 2010

Some Gorgeous Amy Butler Fabrics Are Heading My Way

I have been a little bit quiet on the Blog front these last weeks.
Life, however, has not been so quiet.
My Mum has been in hospital,
 My husband has been working every day because they are short-staffed,
I have been madly cleaning so we can put the house on the market this summer.

I have decided not to do any more markets at this stage.
The relief was overwhelming once I made this decision.
They take me away from my family too much.
and because tween girls are such a small segment of the population
I am not reaching them effectively at markets.
I would have to spend hundreds of dollars on fabric
and countless hours sewing
just to stock a stall
and may have only one or two sales!
Just not worth it.
It was fun though.

I still have my etsy store
and will continue to sew bikinis for this
at my leisure.

I have ordered some Amy Butler fabrics online from this Etsy store.

RESERVED monetpaisley

This fabric is to be made into sizes 0-4 bikinis
Part of a wholesale order going to
Little Indigo, an oline store for children.

RESERVED monetpaisley

This is to make bikinis for my etsy store.

RESERVED monetpaisley

This is also to make bikinis for my etsy store.







If you would like a bikini in a girls size 0-12
made from the above fabrics
let me know and I can make a custom listing for you
in the size you desire.

Until this fabric arrives I have plans to make
a baby quilt
some bunting
a paper crane mobile
some summer skirts, dresses and shorts for my girls.



This is my new baby nephew Jayden
Isn't he just scrumptious
I hope you can all see the photo
And Sara, I hope you don't mind
I pinched it of Facebook.

4 comments:

melissa said...

That little man is adorable! Hope your mum and your man are home soon. Love that AB fabric, they will become gorgeous bikinis! x

willywagtail said...

Is your Mum fOK now? Hope so. Your heaps of work has obviously paid off for you as you have now made yourself a name in the market. The new fabrics will look awfully good made up too. Cherrie

NessaKnits said...

I was thinking about you the other day and wondering if you were sitting at the sewing machine snowed under with bikini orders. I think you have made a wise decision of them method of sales and I do hope your Mother is better really soon. Have a lovely Christmas.

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Gorgeous new fabrics!! Markets to take up a lot of time, which is why i support them as i know the effort stall holders put in. Tell me about tweens, i have 3 tween girls and struggle to find clothes for them, it's the direction i'm going with my children's clothing, as they are completely left out. Happy sewing with your busy life & all the best to your mother, love Posie