Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Rather Productive Day....

This quilt top only took an hour and five minutes to cut out and put together.
It's not perfect but that's the nature of my quilting.  Superfast and none of the seams meet up.
This one is for my little hubba bubba.


I also made Monet a pair of pants.  I didn't use a pattern.  I just drew on the material with a pen....


And surprise, surprise.....


They fit pretty perfectly!



Paisley asked for a skirt of course.  I made this a little larger than needed so it fits her for longer.
Boy I hate sewing ruffles.


In other news, I won this book in a giveaway on Miss Posie Patchworks Blog.


Signed by the author, Tania McCartney.
This has replaced Belle and Boo as the current favourite bedtime book.

I think I might go and sew some bunting whilst dinner is cooking.

6 comments:

Kate said...

You need a gathering foot. Talk about life changing.
And congrats on the no more markets decision. Funny how some things seem huge until you decide and then they seem obvious. Hooray, bet you still sell heaps. X

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Neat fabric you've used in you little one's quilt. I'm sure it will look amazing once it's finished. I'm with you on gathering too! So time consuming but the gathering feet are so expensive as well. But those girls sure do love a bit of twirl!

Tania McCartney said...

So lovely to know Riley and the Curious Koala has become a bedtime favourite! Warms my heart. Tania x

Jelly Bean Books said...

I love the pants! I am not a sewer but I so admire anyone who is :) ~ Christine

'Joyce' said...

ohhhh this quilt is lovely. My quilts are squares/rectangles only and none of them line up either. It's still cosy and warm to snuggle under. I do love the little pants. I have some fabric here that my littlest has spied and demanded I make him pyjama pants with. I did have other plans, however, since he has insisted. . . . .

'Joyce' said...

Just stopping by to say 'hi' - and hoping you are keeping well. I haven't heard from you since before/around Christmas from memory and I hope you are ok. Thinking of you. xx